Who is the Cleveland Academy of Collaborative Professionals? (CACP)
The Cleveland Academy of Collaborative Professionals is a group of highly skilled professionals who focus their respective practices in the area of Family Law. These individuals are committed to assisting their clients to gracefully and intelligently navigate the inherently difficult termination of their marriage.
Divorce is always a very emotionally traumatic event. Men and Women, Mothers and Fathers all experience the similar fears. Mainly, fear of the unknown future.
The CACP is an network of attorneys and other professionals who believe it is important to create healthier, more holistic solutions for families facing separation or divorce. Members of the Cleveland Academy of Collaborative Professionals include attorneys, mediators, mental health professionals, child psychologists, and financial planners who are available to serve families in the areas in which they need the most help.
Transforming family dispute resolution into a healing process through collaborative practice.
To attract, support and train members to advance the practice and values of Collaborative Law.
- Focus on finding solutions that meet the needs of the entire family in cases of separation or divorce
- Recognize that relationships and obligations may need to continue after the marriage ends
- Encourage couples to keep their most important goals in mind, especially when their decisions will affect children
- Support the couple in developing a "future focused" strategy rather than dwelling on the past
- Require everyone to work together respectfully, honestly, and in good faith